Proper running form can conserve energy and reduce the risk of injuries in children. Here are some helpful tips for parents to guide their children!
- Keep your head up, look ahead, keep your back straight, and make sure you’re not leaning forward or back at your waist.
- Breathe rhythmically and deeply through your nose or mouth when you run.
- Relax your shoulders
- Do not swing your arms too hard.
- Swing your arms from the shoulder.
- Try to keep your hands at waist level and your arms should be bent at a 90-degree angle.
- To minimize bouncing, try to keep your stride low to the ground and focus on quick stride turnover.
- Point your feet forward so that they are parallel to each other as they hit the ground.
- Focus on landing on the mid-sole of your foot.
(Source: activeforlife.com và aucklandchildrensphysio.co.nz)
Help your child develop physically and mentally by building a habit of running and registering for the KIDS RUN:
- On September 16th, 2023 in Ha Noi: ĐĂNG KÝ NGAY
- On December 9th, 2023 in Ho Chi Minh City: ĐĂNG KÝ NGAY