Visa & Immigration regulations at Vietnam airports and border gates
For countries that have signed visa exemption agreement with Vietnam:
- A 90-day tourist visa exemption is granted to: Citizens of Chile.
- A 60-day visa exemption is granted to: APEC Business Travel Card Holders.
- A 30-day visa exemption is granted to: Citizens of Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
- A 21-day visa exemption is granted to: Citizens of Philippines.
- A 15-day visa exemption is granted to: Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy Norway, Russia, Spain and British Citizens.
- A 14-day visa exemption is granted to: Citizens of Brunei and Myanmar.
Those countries are exempt from visa requirements if fulfilling these following conditions: holding passport issued by the authorities of their countries with the validity of at least 3 months from the immigration date, having return ticket or ticket to the 3rd country, not in case of immigration detention according to Vietnam laws. *
*As of June 2019. Visas and immigration could be updated without prior notice. Please check with Vietnamese Embassy the legislation.
For other countries that had not signed visa exemption agreement with Vietnam
Citizens from countries that have not signed a visa exemption agreement with Vietnam are required to have a visa or immigration dispatch.
In cases where tourists already have a Vietnam visa, they are required to follow immigration procedures.
Foreigners who have entry dispatch are required to fill in a Vietnam Visa application form, attached with immigration dispatch and passport, and pay the necessary visa fee/s according to the up to date rules. Please note that USD should be used when paying visa fees at all entry points.